Friday, October 22, 2010

On This Earth...

I am not perfect
I am flawed
Maybe more than
I wish to acknowledge
I make mistakes
Over and over
Trying to learn from them
But never really grasping
The concept
Sometimes...
Until it's too late
I am human
Made in the image
Of something great
Only to spend a lifetime
Chasing that greatness
Often times falling short
But still making that effort
To do and be better
Than yesterday
I am a product
Of a shattered past
Searching for a love
That will bring me comfort
And a permanent peace
A calm to the chaos
That lies inside
Tucked away in my heart
The tumult
Secretly locked away in my mind
I am a man...
Born naked
Unaware, afraid, and needy
To search this life
And the lives before
For that piece of my soul
Left out on purpose
As a constant reminder
That to truly be complete
And continue
In love, happy, content
And have a peace
Everlasting
That I have to find my compliment
My companion, my life partner
To share this life with
The way the master plan
Has it laid out
No one ever told me
That this was going to be easy
So day and night
I fight for you
I fight for me
I fight for us
To have the chance
To live the rest of my days
Staring into your eyes
The closest to heaven
I'll ever be
On this earth.

100110

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment