Friday, October 22, 2010

Dear Love...

Dear love…
I never thought
I’d ever feel this way
Again in life
Because the pain that I carry
Is so deeply embedded
In me
That you can’t even see it
You just feel it
I wear it like a cloak
Or maybe a ball & chain
Holding me down
While I attempt
To keep moving forward
Ready to hold you
In my embrace
To touch your face
Kiss your lips
Hold you close
And inhale your scent
Afraid to exhale
Because I never want
To let you go

Dear love…
I want to love you
To finally be able
To release myself
From the shackles
Of myself
I’ve held back
For so long
Because no one really
Appreciates me
Like you do
You bring out the best in me
When all I see
Is the worst in me
You inspire me
You give me a reason
To be a better me
For a better life
For us…


Dear love…
Let me love you
It’s all that I have left
To give…

100110

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment